The Mile High Flood District, City and County of Denver, and City of Aurora have entered an agreement to conduct outfall systems planning for Westerly Creek downstream of Westerly Creek Dam.
Goals for the OSP are looking for opportunities to daylight waterways, improve capacity, and reduce street flooding to meet local criteria.
Phase 1 (Baseline Hydrology) – BHI is performing all data gathering and analysis to prepare the baseline hydrology portion of the master plan report. Phase 2 (Alternatives Analysis) – BHI is performing all analyses needed to prepare the alternatives analysis portion of the master plan report. Phase 3 (Conceptual Design) – BHI is preparing a conceptual design based on the specific plan selected by the District and Project Sponsors.
BHI is submitting a written report titled “Westerly Creek Downstream of Westerly Dam Outfall Systems Plan” designed in a way that will allow future updates to be easily made to the reporting, tables, and mapping.
Project Manager Contact Information:
|Mark Schutte||MHFD||Project Manager|
|Morgan Lynch||MHFD||Watershed Manager|
|Sam Miller||City of Aurora||Local Sponsor|
|Chris Best||City and County of Denver||Local Sponsor|
|Craig Hoover||Bohannan Huston, Inc.||Principal-in-Charge|
|Rifka Wine||Bohannan Huston, Inc.||Project Manager|
|Casey Bangs||Bohannan Huston, Inc.||Project Engineer|
The ultimate goal is to complete OSP for the Westerly Creek area downstream of Westerly Creek Dam to:
- Evaluate existing studies and be mindful of their original intent
- Identify drainage system deficiencies, specifically where flooding is in excess of 1 ft
- Identify and plan upgrades to the existing stormwater system facilities and propose new improvements including new conveyances, including the addition of surface flow where possible (daylight)
- Develop improvement alternatives to meet the drainage/flooding criteria, including water quality
- If open space is going to be evaluated for stormwater management, preserve or enhance existing or new open space
- Conceptual design
- Prioritize stormwater projects
- Any efforts to daylight Westerly Creek in this area, include sections of trail along tributaries to the Creek.
- Formalizing some of the previous studies, improve water quality in dense, urbanized areas.
|Deliverable||Draft Submittal||Final Submittal||Public Meeting||Status|