Ethical Practices at Bohannan Huston
We promote ethical behavior in all our interactions by stressing our vision and values at a variety of levels within the company and by fostering management and communication structures that provide a number of checks and balances. At Bohannan Huston, senior leaders personally support an organizational environment that fosters, requires, and results in legal and ethical behavior through:
- Strictly adhering to legal and regulatory requirements in developing solutions for private/public sector projects.
- Onboarding new staff with an orientation process where ethical conduct is discussed.
- Evaluating conflicts of interest for project involvement that may impact public and private customers.
- Reinforcing the importance of obtaining professional licensure which defines standards for ethical behavior.
- Maintaining an “open door policy” where employees can discuss unacceptable behavior.
- Providing ethics training annually with leadership and project managers.
- Elevating unethical situations to the Executive Committee for rapid response.
Our corporate ethics statement: “Bohannan Huston expects each employee to observe the highest moral and ethical standards whenever the employee is working on company time and/or representing the company.”
Our public and private customers require that conflict of interest issues are discussed regularly. Potential conflicts are surfaced-early in the process of selecting whether a project is pursued or not. At various times, the EC and impacted leadership will explore strategies for communicating conflicts of interest with customers in the pursuit of various work assignments. These discussions further the development and awareness of current and future leaders on this subject.